Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Snoek at Vidal

I got down to Vidal on Saturday afternoon, after hearing a story or two of lots of fish coming out.
Sunday we got up nice and early, hoping to get the early morning run of snoek.
We made sure we launched first....and it paid off.

I was the unlucky sod who lost “rock paper scissors” and had to buggy first. I was grinding my teeth away
As Neil and Dylan were shouting “boat boat” – fish after fish, while I had to buggy. In 30 minutes they
each had 3 or 4 fish! Finally it was my turn, as I jumped in, there was a snoek right underneath the boat. Bang J.
All that tension disappeared after shooting that fish.
The fish soon wisened up and started thinning out. They were already a little skittish to start with. I think the previous few days of the Durban guys nailing them, gave them a phobia of spears.
We tried to get some big couta and moved to the deeper water a bit later in the day. We only managed to get small couta.
All the snoek we got were fairly decent size between 4-7kg.
I wonder how long they will stick around.
Myself with 2 of the snoek we got on Sat


Jonie and crew with a queeny and some snoek.


No comments:

Post a Comment