Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lighthouse - Saily, Fulvie & Couta

Voting day, resulted in a launch early morning at St.Lucia with Andre Badenhort and Allan Heydorn. Oom Piet from the Beach Control, gave us the rundown on where the banks were. The weather was not as great as it was predicted but the swells were small and there was word of lots of couta shot in the past few days.
The water was not particularly clean, throughout the day it started cleaning up a little.
We drifted on the deep side of the pinnacle and it wasnt long before Allan got his first Couta, then his second and so on. He also got a decent Fulvie which gave him a good rev.
Andre was chasing a few couta, when he came accross a saily doing the same thing. He got a good shot in, and landed it quickly. Later in the day we tried Home Reef out without much success. There was strangely not much current here which was the complete opposite at the Pinnacle. All in all a great day out, and I still got home with enough time to vote.


Allan with a Fulvie and a Couta



Andre with a estimated 25kg Saily

2 comments:

  1. Hello, nice fish you have there guys.

    I am grandson of the Chairman of your club from the early days, Christian Eckhoff.

    I was trying to send a Email to the address at the top but it came up with no reply, so I thought I will just copy and paste my message in here.

    He is 79 years of age and still catching King Fish/Snapper/Cray Fish and managing to Freedive as frequent as he can. Currently in the next week I'd say, he is Sailing across from his home in Okiato Point in New Zealand, to New Caledonia with some friends and will be going Diving on the way at a few stops.

    Glad too see the club I have grown up (Now 26 years of age) seeing all his amazing pictures of various South Africa/World etc etc Records from the late 50s (I think there were some from 1958 not 100%) and the 60s, through the 70s when the early club members were on Sea Planes to get to remote Reefs and catch huge fish.

    If you would like to contact him I can give you additional information.

    My Email is Christian.Blakeman.NZ@Gmail.Com - I do not want to put his information up here, not sure if it gets spam filtered etc etc - Do not want my Grandfather getting any of that just incase.

    Anyhow, greetings from New Zealand to South Africa.


    Cheers,


    Christian Eckhoff-Blakeman.

    ReplyDelete