Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Some more Snoek

Went out on Sunday.

Looks like the excellent Visibility has come and gone.
We went up to Dawson's, the further north we went the worse the visibility got, so we came back south.
We only had the morning to spearfish as a terrible South wind came through earlier than what it was suppose to.

Colin out gunned me 4 Snoek to my 1 Snoek. Colin laughed and said "its all experience", I said it was the borderline size shad he had on his flasher that was bringing them in.
Either way the ballie shot more fish than me.

We also went out on Cliffs new African Skiff, which was a pleasure. It got a proper test with the South wind, making things quite difficult, but the boat proved its worth and got us home safe.
It was a surprisingly dry ride, driest mono-hull boat I've been on.

Cheers
Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment