Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Vidal Shore Dive

I went to Vidal yesterday for a shore-dive with Kevin Boyder.
I walked up the beach about 4 kms (northwards), to a noticeable part of the dune that sticks out on its own aka Snoek Reef. I was hoping to get exactly that....a few Snoek.
Vidal seemed to be really off, as it can be from time to time. As far as game fish are concerned, I saw a very lonely bonnie and coming back through the surf, right in the white water churn I saw a decent size pompano, which shot off at the site of me.
The reef is surprisingly long, we drifted back south about 2 kms, with patchy reef most of the way.

What was positive, is that Kevin saw a big Kob. They should be else where. After speaking to an angler at St.Lucia, he said a few Garrick have been coming out aswell. The water is definitely cooler and was also clean right down to Mapelane. Even Richards bay looked like it would be clean, if you head a few kms North or south of  the mouth.

Anyway, dont forget about the Braai Tonight at the ZUC/Kayak Club.

Cheers Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment