Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cape Vidal

I called up Colin on Friday afternoon, wanting to go dive Saturday morning. The idea was to go to St.Lucia and then go south to Lighthouse. However as we got to St.Lucia we decided to go to Vidal instead. What followed was one of the best dives I have had all year, unfortunately the really big one got away - but what a sight.
There were three of us on the boat, Colin Gray, Dylan Banwell and myself. We dived all over, and I managed to get a Couta of about 4 - 5 kilos, and between us we also got a few small green spot kingfish.

We then jumped in for our last dive, and the next thing Dylan sees a Marlin. I being the top man at the time was so keen to get my chance. Colin chased a marlin, and fired but it kept its distance, so he missed.
Then it was my turn to dive, there was pandemonium on the boat, as we knew there were marlin around. We rigged more bouys on for the next drift, Colin and myself jumped in and two marlin showed up, I chased, but they were just too fast.

Even though we didn't get a Marlin, it was still a fantastic site to see. I cant wait for the Winter Wahoo competition next weekend in Vidal.

cheers
Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment